Monday, June 22, 2009

Make My Day

I've been meaning to write about this for over a week now, but I am just now getting the chance.

Recently, my morning routine has included going through a fast food drive-thru to get some breakfast on my way to drop Sweet T off at daycare. The other morning one individual really made my day. Now, before you start jumping to conclusions and thinking that I might have had a horrible start to my day, you better read on. This was anything but that.

My morning wasn't starting off too well, and we were already running behind. I debated on skipping breakfast, but I decided to stop and get something anyway. I pulled up to the speaker and placed my order. I continued to wait in the line in order to pay and get my food. I pulled to the window not knowing how it would change my outlook on the day. When I got to the window, the girl standing there tells me it's taken care of. I gave her a puzzled look and asked if she was joking. She proceeded to tell me that the lady in the car in front of me had asked how much my order was and paid for it; it was taken care of. Wow! You don't know how much I just wanted to tell the lady in front of me thank you. Oh, did I mention I had never seen this vehicle before, much less the driver. Yes, my total was only $2.68, but who does something like that these days?

I was so amazed by this generosity and kindness that I called PC as soon as I had pulled away in order to share the GREAT start to my morning.

I intend to try to pay this forward, so-to-speak, and attempt to do this same thing at least once a month. Who knows what type of an impact it might have.

I just had to share how that wonderful, sweet woman made my day!

No comments: