Enjoy this curry mild or spicy according to your preference. Balance the meal with some tart apples and sweet peanut butter and dark chocolate--a lovely meal for a cold, wintery day!
- Long Grain Brown Rice
- Tofu Potato Curry
- Fuji Apple Slices
- Peanut Butter
- Dark Chocolate
- Prepare the curry according to the recipe HERE. (included below)
- Cook the rice.
- Slice the apple.
- Scoop the peanut butter into the dip container.
- Add a square of your favorite chocolate.
Tofu Potato Curry
There's nothing like a hot curry on a cold day. Make it mild or spicy according to your preference. Serve over brown rice, or take the opportunity to introduce yourself to a whole grain that you've never tried before.
- 1 can Vegetable Broth
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbs. Curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 Brick of Firm Tofu
- 2 White Potatoes
- 2 Red Potatoes
- 4 Carrots
- ½ medium Red Pepper
- 1 Serrano Pepper (optional)
- 1 Stalk of Lemon Grass (optional)
1. Cut tofu and vegetables into cubes.
2. Mix broth, coconut milk, and curry in a sauce pan.
3. Add peppers, lemon grass, and tofu.
4. Cook on medium heat until liquid comes to a low boil.
5. Turn heat to low and add potatoes and carrots.
6. Cover and cook until carrots and potatoes are tender.