Last night we had Mexican food for dinner, so we decided to use our leftover beans and rice to create a bento fiesta for today's lunch. Although Mexican food is often high in calories and fat, keeping items simple and pairing them with fresh fruits and vegetables is a healthy way to enjoy this popular cuisine.
- Bean and Rice Burrito on a Whole Grain Tortilla
- Green Salad
- Tortilla Chips
- Mango Slices
- Fill a whole grain tortilla with beans and rice. Roll up, cut in half and pack into your large unlidded container.
- Toss tomatoes with green leaf lettuce and pack into your large lidded container along with your dip container filled with salsa.
- Fill one of your medium containers with tortilla chips.
- Slice and peel a mango to put in your other medium container.